We are thrilled to announce the addition of Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to our Webmail interface.
This long-awaited update empowers our customers using cPanel to significantly enhance the security of their Webmail accounts.
Setting Up Two-Step Authentication
To set up two-step authentication, you'll need a supported Time-Based One-Time Password (TOTP) mobile app. Here are some options:
- Navigate to Webmail: Open your browser and go to https://webmail.example.com or https://example.com:2096. Replace
example.comwith your email address's domain.
- Login: Use your email address and password to log in. Note: Do not access the email account via cPanel.
- Access 2FA Settings: Click the email address (small arrow) at the upper-right and select
- Open Google Authenticator (or any 2FA app): Scan a barcode with your mobile device's camera. Before scanning the code, take a screenshot of the generated barcode and store it in a safe place.
It is also always better to copy the 2FA key and manually save it to your password manager under the account's profile.
- Confirm Code: Enter the code displayed on your mobile device to complete the setup.
Note: These codes are device-specific and non-transferable. If you're switching phones or wiping your device, disable two-step authentication first, then re-enable it on your new device.
Managing Your Webmail Account 2FA
You can also remove or reconfigure the email account's two-factor authentication at any time.
Services Added to Manage Team
The upgrade also introduces new service management options in the
Manage Team feature. Team owners can now enable or disable the following services when creating or editing team users:
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Web Disk
For more information, check out our Step-by-Step Guide to Creating New Users in cPanel.
Language Support Update
Portuguese has been added to the list of cPanel official supported languages and the Spanish translations have been updated for better clarity.
Interested in creating an email account for your business? Visit our Email Hosting page, and select a package to get started.
We also offer configuration so that your email account can work with any email client or service you are using or want to use.
Note: This guide aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the new features, ensuring that you can navigate these updates with ease and security. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need further clarification.