After a web server migration, it's essential to take the following steps to ensure your website and domain resolve correctly online:
1. Clear Browser and Local Machine Cache
Clear your browser cache or use Private/Incognito Mode before visiting the migrated website or logging into cPanel and Webmail. This helps prevent loading cached, outdated versions of your site.
2. Verify DNS Record Updates
If your website is offline, update your DNS records:
- Log in to your Web Hosting Magic Dashboard.
- Access each service and from there, you can log into your cPanel.
- Navigate to Domains > Zone Editor.
- Update the A, AAAA, and MX records to reflect the new server's IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
3. Nameserver Resolution Check
Ensure that your nameservers are resolving correctly. If DNSSEC is enabled:
- Disable DNSSEC.
- Wait for 48 hours before making any nameserver record changes to allow DNS propagation.
4. Perform Additional Checks and Configurations
Check email services, website functionalities, and any external services linked to your site to ensure they're pointing to the new server IP addresses.
5. Seeking Assistance
If you need help or are unsure about the steps:
- Open a support ticket at Web Hosting Magic Support for professional assistance.
Please note that DNS changes can take up to 48 hours to fully propagate across the internet. During this time, you may experience intermittent availability as different users might see the site resolving from either the old or new server.